The GBS|CIDP Foundation, a non-profit organization, is seeking an Entry Level Events and Promotions Assistant. The Foundation is a non-profit entity providing support, education, research and advocacy for patients, families and caregivers who have Guillain-Barré Syndrome, CIDP, or related variants such as MMN. This full-time position is available starting February, 2018.
The job focus of the Events and Promotions Assistant is to assist in the implementation of all aspects of GBS fundraising and patient support programs including national chapter meetings, fundraising walks, biennial national conference and varying promotional initiatives. Specific tasks will include coordinating assigned aspects of event planning process and logistics including coordination of promotional and sponsorship materials & signage, event setup, permits and equipment needs; volunteer and vendor communication throughout event; report development as requested regarding event attendance, volunteer participation, donations, etc. Duties will also include data management and assistance in implementing e-marketing materials, as needed.
We are a looking for a team player with a “can-do” attitude and outstanding organization skills. We are also seeking a candidate with a good dose of digital savvy & some social media know-how too. The Events and Promotions Assistant will support the Events & Outreach Manager, Fundraising Walks Manager, and report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Required Job Qualifications:
- 1-3 year of related experience in coordinating events, promotions, or sponsorship exhibits.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Good phone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced responsive environment.
- The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Keen sense of organization, creative problem solving, and excellent multi-tasking.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with varied social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Experience in Salesforce, Classy, and Constant Contact is a plus, but willing to train the right candidate.
Interested candidates should submit resume and 3 references to Maureen.Neville@gbs-cidp.org. Deadline for Application is January 19, 2018.