Integrative medicine puts the patient at the center of the care and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. This process enhances the ability of individuals, who may be affected by other health conditions, to stay as well as possible while the cope with their condition. In upcoming weeks and months, you can look forward to finding practical advice on creating a healthy balanced lifestyle with everyday tips for living well. Dr. Julie Rowin helps introduce our “Living Well” section with the article on the benefits of mindful breathing.
- Building Muscle at Any AgeBy Dr. Julie Rowin A publication from Dr. Julie Rowin’s Blog Post found at: julierowinmd.com The benefits of maintaining muscle mass at any age cannot be underestimated.Here’s why: Muscle is involved in brain function in…
- 6 Strategies for Building Resilience During Times of ChangeHow do you respond to change? If you are interested in embracing change and growth, then consider these strategies for helping you to build resilience.
- Neuropathy and Neuropathic Pain, Consider the AlternativesEvidence for nutritional interventions, exercise, supplements, acupuncture, and mindfulness-based practices in the treatment of neuropathic pain is encouraging.
- BreatheOur breath sustains us. It not only supplies our cells with life-giving oxygen; the mechanical act of breathing itself is intimately connected to our body’s basic physiology. With every breath in our heart rate increases and with every breath out it slows.
- Mindful Breathing ExercisesBreath, well-being and energy are intrinsically connected. Mindful breathing can be performed anywhere and anytime. It’s all about bringing yourself to the present moment and focusing on a slower deeper belly breath.