What is GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID is a ready-to-use liquid medicine that is given in a vein (intravenously) to treat multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN) in adults.
Important Safety Information
What is the most important information that I should know about GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause the following serious reactions:
- Severe allergic reactions causing difficulty in breathing or skin rashes
- Decreased kidney function or kidney failure
- Blood clots in the heart, brain, lungs, or elsewhere in the body
- Severe headache, drowsiness, fever, painful eye movements, or nausea and vomiting
- Dark-colored urine, swelling, fatigue, or difficulty breathing
Who should not use GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
Do not use GAMMAGARD LIQUID if you:
- Have had a severe allergic reaction to immune globulin or other blood products.
- Have a condition called selective (or severe) immunoglobulin A (IgA) deficiency.
What should I avoid while taking GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
- GAMMAGARD LIQUID can make vaccines (like measles/mumps/rubella or chickenpox vaccines) not work as well for you. Before you get any vaccines, tell your healthcare provider (HCP) that you take GAMMAGARD LIQUID.
- Tell your HCP if you are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant, or if you are nursing.
What are the possible or reasonably likely side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID?
GAMMAGARD LIQUID can cause serious side effects. If any of the following problems occur after starting GAMMAGARD LIQUID, stop the infusion immediately and contact your HCP or call emergency services:
- Hives, swelling in the mouth or throat, itching, trouble breathing, wheezing, fainting or dizziness. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
- Bad headache with nausea, vomiting, stiff neck, fever, and sensitivity to light. These could be signs of irritation and swelling of the lining around your brain.
- Reduced urination, sudden weight gain, or swelling in your legs. These could be signs of a kidney problem.
- Pain, swelling, warmth, redness, or a lump in your legs or arms. These could be signs of a blood clot.
- Brown or red urine, fast heart rate, yellow skin or eyes. These could be signs of a liver or blood problem.
- Chest pain or trouble breathing, or blue lips or extremities. These could be signs of a serious heart or lung problem.
- Fever over 100°F. This could be sign of an infection.
The most common side effects of GAMMAGARD LIQUID for MMN include:
- Chest discomfort
- Muscle spasms
- Muscular weakness
- Sore throat
- Ear pain
- Pain in hands or feet
These are not all the possible side effects. Talk to your HCP about any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
For additional safety information, click for Information for Patients and discuss with your HCP.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
©2022 Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. 300 Shire Way, Lexington, MA 02421. 1-877-TAKEDA-7 (1-877-825-3327). All rights reserved. TAKEDA and the TAKEDA logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. GAMMAGARD LIQUID and the GAMMAGARD LIQUID logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Baxalta Incorporated, a Takeda company.
240 Years of Helping Others
Takeda is committed to fighting against rare diseases and to bringing innovative therapies and medicine to people all over the world.
Our passion and pursuit of potentially life-changing treatments are deeply rooted in our Japanese heritage and over 240 years of distinguished history. We remain true to our origin by focusing on our guiding principles—doing the right thing for our Patients, reinforcing Trust with society, improving our company Reputation, and developing our Business, and in that order. At Takeda, the people we serve come first.
Takeda began as 1 person selling traditional Japanese and Chinese herbal medicines in 1 place. The sentiment of our founder—work with integrity and deal with medicine as if those being treated were your own children—became the universal value system for Takeda.
Today, we are a global company creating dozens of therapies for millions of people.
GAMMAGARD LIQUID is the first and only FDA-approved therapy for adults with multifocal motor neuropathy (MMN). GAMMAGARD LIQUID was studied in the largest MMN clinical trial to date.
GAMMAGARD LIQUID is not indicated as a treatment for Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) or Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP).
GAMMAGARD LIQUID is an intravenous infusion, which means that it’s delivered directly into a vein. Infusions are given every 2 to 4 weeks by a healthcare professional and may take a few hours. GAMMAGARD LIQUID can be administered in your physician’s office, at a hospital, at an infusion center, or by a trained professional in the comfort of your own home.
If you’ve been prescribed GAMMAGARD LIQUID to treat your MMN, you may be eligible to save on certain out-of-pocket treatment costs through the MMN Co-Pay Assistance Program from OnePath, Takeda’s product support program. Click here to learn more about this program.
Explore treatment for MMN with GAMMAGARD LIQUID, and find helpful information on the infusion process, working with a specialty pharmacy, and more. You can request a starter kit here.
If you have recently been prescribed GAMMAGARD LIQUID, we can send tools, information, and resources directly to your home. Click here to download the brochure.
Make the most out of your next conversation with your doctor. Want help discussing where you are now—and where you’d like to be? Build your own discussion guide here.
To learn more about GAMMAGARD LIQUID or Takeda, visit us online by clicking here.