Learn how to effectively use your voice and advocate for the GBS, CIDP, MMN and variants community by joining our 50 to Forward 2022: advocacy training series! Walk away with useful skills and knowledge that will help you succeed in the advocacy world and influence policy. Anyone can be an advocate – why not start today?
After completing our training series, you will be equipped with all the necessary skills to be an effective advocate. You will walk away from the series:
- Knowledgeable about the local, state, and federal policies that impact the GBS, CIDP, MMN and variants community
- Empowered to share your story and advocate for the GBS, CIDP, MMN and variants community
- Confident to speak with local, state, and federal officials about important legislation related to our mission
- Ready to independently create a plan of action to influence local, state, or federal policy through grassroots advocacy
Topics we will cover in the series:
- Civics 101 – an overview of the legislative branch and legislative process
- Health Care 101 – a review of the U.S. health care system and related legislation
- Grassroots advocacy – an introduction to creating your own plan of action
- Health Care Awareness and Advocacy – how to advocate to medical professionals
- Quick and effective communication
What to expect from 50 to Forward:
- Attendance at monthly, virtual zoom training meetings on advocacy-related topics
- Collaboration with other volunteers to develop advocacy-related Op-Ed pieces
- Participation in a letter-writing campaign
- Creation of an independent plan of action
Although we encourage you to attend every training session, you are welcome to attend however many you would like. Recordings will be available for those that miss a session or would like to watch at another time.
If any of the above interests you, we highly recommend that you sign up for 50 to Forward today! Simply register using the link below and we will be in touch.
Contact Ellie Herman, email@example.com with any questions.