Strength to Move Forward – Discussion on Healthy Lifestyle and a Treatment Option for Adults with CIDP
Sponsored by Pfizer Inc.
Available on Demand – Full Program
Strength to Move Forward – Discussion on Healthy Lifestyle and a Treatment Option for Adults with CIDP, an educational event produced by the GBS|CIDP Foundation International in collaboration with NeuroCareLive, and sponsored by Pfizer Inc. is now available on demand. Watch this multi-part presentation to hear a panel discuss how those living with CIDP can manage their condition. CIDP expert, Dr. Sami Khella, founder of Penn CIDP/GBS Center at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, will offer practical lifestyle tips and insights that may help manage this disease, along with a treatment option. Kelly McCoy, Associate Director of Engagement at the GBS|CIDP Foundation International and an individual living with CIDP, shares her own personal experience.
Program Learning Objectives:
• Hear lifestyle tips for those living with CIDP, including the dos and don’ts of nutrition and exercise
• Learn more about a treatment option for CIDP in adults
• Gain insights from an individual living with CIDP and share patient resources
Chapter 1: Living with CIDP & Patient Story
Dr. Sami Khella, Professor of Clinical Neurology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and Chief of the Department of Neurology at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center, discusses what CIDP is and why maintaining a balanced lifestyle is important when living with this condition. Kelly McCoy, Associate Director of Engagement with the GBS|CIDP Foundation and CIDP Patient, shares her own story living with CIDP
• Understand what CIDP is and what causes CIDP
• Explore ways to maintain a balanced lifestyle living with CIDP, including tips for nutrition, exercise, and stress management
• Hear the story of a person living with CIDP, including their diagnosis and treatment history
Chapter 2: Helpful Tips That May Help Manage CIDP
This chapter in the program series features helpful techniques while living with CIDP and around receiving IVIg therapy. The panelists will also discuss the value of family and friend support.
• Understand the importance of receiving a proper diagnosis
• Learn about IVIg and how it is administered
• Gain insights on tips for successful infusions
Chapter 3: An IVIg Treatment Option for Adults with CIDP
Expert panelist, Dr. Sami Khella, discusses a treatment option for adults with CIDP to improve neuromuscular disability and impairment.
• Explore a treatment option for adults with CIDP
• Understand results of a clinical study where treatment was used
• Learn about patient resources
*Speak to your doctor before making any changes