A Little Goes a Long Way
If you’ve experienced GBS or CIDP yourself, or as a support for somebody in your family, then we need you. Actually, our patients, families and caregivers need you. The GBS-CIDP Foundation is always looking for volunteers. Become a liaison or stamp envelopes.
Let’s Get Ready To Walk
As part of our ongoing efforts to raise vital dollars to support our mission and reach new communities, we are excited to announce that we developed our first-ever national event – a walkathon to fight GBS, CIDP and its variants. Our new Walk and Roll fundraising campaign is designed to engage the thousands of affected individuals, their families and communities. The Walk is a way to show the nation how a team of truly inspired individuals can make a difference. Our goal is to launch 20 walks in 2015. Bringing the Walk to your area will entail forming a Walk Committee to plan and implement your local event. Nationally, we will be forming a Walk Team to help each committee every step of the way. We can’t make this happen without you and want to thank everyone in advance for what we know will be an amazing annual campaign. If you are interested in being one of our Walk Chairs, please contact us online or by email at Jessica.McManus@gbs-cidp.org. Stay tuned for additional Walk-related announcements.
Create Your Own Event
While our Walk program is signature, we challenge you to come up with your own fundraiser! We have many individuals that have planned and organized events to help benefit our mission. These are some of their stories:
- Ofir Brizinov: Sold GBS|CIDP Awareness Bracelets
- Shane Sumlin: Held a community movie night, inviting families to get together to raise awareness and watch a movie together at a local auditorium
- Brenda Wieckhorst: Sold GBS|CIDP Awareness Bracelets
- William Shirey: Unable to Walk and Roll, William planned to Sit and Stay with his annual sit in.
- Lizz Russell: Planned a fashion show, donating proceeds from design sales
- Holly Cannon: Organized a Golf Outing, as well as a Basketball Free Toss competition at the local high school
- Thomas Segur: Gathered family and friends to run the Brooklyn Half Marathon in honor of the Foundation
- Pamela Wilson: Held a community retail event, donating % of store sales to celebrate her store’s 1 year anniversary
- Julie Bell: Organized a “twist” challenge, putting her spin on the Ice-Bucket Challenge
- Jason Zenk: Planned a “Blue Jean Day” at work, where employees payed to dress down for a “charitable Friday”
- Catherine Showerman: Organized a Tractor, Motorcycle, Truck and Car Show in honor of the Foundation
- Renee Canfield: Designed and sold custom GBS|CIDP T-shirts
- Stephanie Stamatelos: Sold GBS|CIDP Awareness Bracelets at work
- Emily Fruik- Wine and Cheese Night
- Merrilyn Macurak – Did a fitness challenge to raise funds for the Foundation
- Hugh Williams – Ran 52 5k races with 100% of the proceeds going to GBS|CIDP research
We are so thankful for the support of these individuals, and are excited about the events we have going in in 2016!
If you are interested in planning your own awareness event, or getting involved with our Walk and Roll Program please contact us online via the following form, or email us.