Honor Your Hero this MAY for GBS|CIDP Awareness Month
30,000 MEMBERS = 30,000 HEROIC STORIES TO TELL
Whether you are a caregiver, friend, family member or patient, this May, GBS|CIDP Awareness month, we are asking that you send us your “Honor Your Hero” story to be shared with our community, and far beyond. Sharing your story is the most meaningful way to raise awareness, recognize your hero, and inspire GBS|CIDP patients around the world.
Be a Hero – Get involved!
5 WAYS a WEEK TO RAISE …AWARENESS for GBS|CIDP
SUPPORT: WEEK 1
- Volunteer to visit and encourage patients.
- Attend a chapter meeting.
- Join our volunteer liaison program.
- Walk or support a Walk & Roll near you.
- Plan your own grassroots fundraiser.
EDUCATION: WEEK 2
- Register for the 2018 Patient Symposium!
- Subscribe to our E-News list for electronic news and updates.
- Participate in our PatientQ WebEx on July 11 – a virtual educational event for patients, hosted by Ken Gorson, MD.
- Watch educational videos and frequently visit the news room on our website.
- Raise your voice in our Social Media or Online Patient Forum conversations.
ADVOCACY: WEEK 3
- Write to your congressperson or senator and inform them that you live in their district and you, or someone you love has GBS|CIDP or one of its variants.
- Ask your Congressperson in the House of Representatives to cosponsor the Medicare IVIG Access Enhancement Act (H.R. 4724).
- Visit your local congressional website and learn how and when to make local congressional visits.
- Share Your Honor Your Hero story this May!
- Look for Foundation action alerts and advocacy initiatives.
RESEARCH: WEEK 4
- Continue your generosity by making a donation to GBS|CIDP Research.
- Frequent the Research section of our website and stay informed of all the latest research updates.
- Enroll in GBS|CIDP patient registry (details coming this summer).
- Discover information about the Foundation’s Research Grant Program.
- Read about the Foundation’s Benson Fellow Program.