The GBS | CIDP Foundation International, a non-profit organization, is seeking a self-starting professional to provide development and outreach support. The Foundation is a non-profit entity providing support, education, research, and advocacy for patients, families, and caregivers who have GBS, CIDP, or related variants such as MMN. The
Responsibilities include coaching and engaging participants and volunteers, providing needed logistical/administrative support, and assisting donor recognition activities to ensure an exceptional event experience for all. This position reports to the Walk & Roll Manager and Development Manager.
We are looking for someone with a great attitude, willingness to learn and a strong work ethic; the candidate should have excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate has a passion for the power and engagement of a non-profit mission. This full-time position is available starting January 2020.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the overall Development department through initiatives which include but are not limited to Walk & Roll for GBS|CIDP and other Third-Party Events.
- Manage communication schedule of e-blasts and execute electronic communication with participants and donors.
- Engage with community to partner with corporate and community leaders to elevate awareness and participation within the Walk Program.
- Ensure timely and efficient data entry process and donation processing related to Walk or other events when applicable.
- Attend Walks, events, and conferences as assigned.
- Assist event participants with registration & fundraising support.
- Conduct personal outreach to participants to provide coaching around how to utilize online resources to increase their fundraising.
- Assist with all prize and incentive fulfillment.
- Assists with sponsor tracking and day of fulfillment as needed.
- Participate in all staff, team, committee and other internal and external meetings as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or 1-3 years related experience.
- Understanding of development and fundraising special events preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook- strong aptitude for learning database systems. Salesforce is a plus!
- This position will be required to travel on Foundation business with flexibility to work some evenings and weekends. Weekend travel will be focused 1-2 weekends a month during Spring & Fall Walk Season. Limited to no travel required in summer & winter.
- Team player with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Takes initiative and is goal driven.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the GBS|CIDP Foundation.
To apply, send Resume & Cover Letter to Jessica.email@example.com.