Have you been diagnosed with CIDP? A clinical research study is now enrolling to evaluate an investigational medication.
Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) is a rare disease where the body’s natural defenses, like antibodies, attack the covering of the nerves, called myelin, and damage nerve function. While symptoms aren’t the same for everyone, CIDP can make your arms and legs feel week and slow your movements. The purpose of the ARISE Study is to evaluate the safety and efficacy of an investigational medication in adults with active CIDP.
Eligible patients will be:
• Adults aged 18 years or older
• Diagnosed with active CIDP
• Either: Willing to discontinue current treatment of intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIg) or subcutaneous immunoglobulin (SCIg) and/or corticosteroids prior to study entry OR newly diagnosed with CIDP and have never been treated, or you have not taken medication for CIDP for at least 3 months prior to study entry
What can I expect if I join the study?
• You will receive a thorough medical exam and your CIDP diagnosis will be
• If you qualify and are currently receiving treatment for CIDP, you will be asked to discontinue or taper off this treatment.
• You will receive study-required medical care throughout the study by a neuromuscular neurologist.
• All who qualify will receive the investigational medication for a portion of the study. The investigational medication will be an IV infusion.
• If you qualify for another portion of the study, you will be randomly assigned to receive either the investigational medication or a placebo that has no active drug. You will not know which treatment you will receive.
• If you qualify for all portions of the study and wish to continue, you can expect to spend up to 2–5 years in the study.
Participants will receive study-required medical care at no cost. Participants who qualify to
receive the investigational medication will receive it at no cost. The study will not pay for
other medical care or current medication(s) needed to support your daily health care